The efficiency, hygiene and life of a cold room depend on the panels and accessories that go into making up the structure.
Blue Star’s cold rooms are therefore constructed using pre-fabricated PUF panels designed specifically for such applications, and manufactured to international standards of quality and reliability at state-of-the-art facilities.
These panels are packed with advanced high-density foamed-in-place PUF insulation to ensure high-efficiency insulation, and metal-finished (a choice of aluminium, pre-painted steel, stainless steel, galvanised steel or Galvalume).
Modular in nature, these tongue-and-groove panels in a range of thicknesses and dimensions, are designed to interlock with ease at site to form cold rooms of any size and for any application. Each part of the cold room – walls, ceiling, floor, doors and even T-walls and corners – have special panels designed for the purpose to ensure perfect fit.
These modular cold rooms are not just easily assembled at site. They are easily disassembled too and moved when required, or even enlarged or split into multiple rooms as later needs may demand.
A range of options and accessories ensure that the entire cold room supplements the efficiency and ruggedness of the PUF panels:
- Flush-fit doors: Aesthetic, efficient, heavy-duty flush-fit doors with FRP door perimeter
- Cam lock: Posi-loc locking assemblies that provide perfect alignment of walls, ceiling, floor, corners and door frames
- Hardware: Heavy-duty cast alloy handles and hinges with attractive brushed-chrome finish
- Heated air vent: Tri-action heated air vent to eliminate pressure and vacuum variations inside the walk-in cold room
- Interior and exterior ramps: Ramps allow ease of movement of material without damage to floor
- Sweep gasket: Airtight heavy-duty sealing gasket below door with a double sweep, remains flexible at any temperature
- Posi-seal closure: Cushions closing of door, making it noiseless and firmly shut
- Vapour-proof light fixture: Trouble-free lighting within cold room
This wide range of world-class panels and accessories ensures that Blue Star’s cold rooms are air-tight, hygienic, highly energy-efficient and built for a lifetime.